Classic Camp Half-Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic Camp Half-Blood

Back when everyone was nice, and the site was a stress relief. With people that got along and liked each other. That's what this site is about.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Classic Camp Half-Blood!

I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Remplissage

Drachmas : 46494

I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] Empty
PostSubject: I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ]   I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:35 pm

I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] Aldenev-2
I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] Alden

I swear we need to find some comfort in this run down place.
To bridge the gap of this conscious state that we live in, and
I'm short on time.

Alden stands at the shore of the lake, testing the wind. His hair whips around wildly, moving with the gales. Shifting so he was farther nestled in the safety of his jacket, he sighed, and glanced around. As much as he loved the penance and cover that the darkness provided, he still missed the lack of company, despite howmuch he tried to avoid it. When it all came down to loneliness, however, he couldn't deny the slightly empty feeling that wafted in his heart. It wasn't something like that of lost loved on, no, it was more a sense of being singled out. Hearing a shuffle, his eyes darted upwards, fearing the worst; harpies. He wasn't scared of them, really, he simply just wanted to be in the presence of more then just a bird-woman. Shaking his head, a small foolish grin on his face, he traced the ripples of the water, which nearly always led him back to the moon. It was a beautiful sight, if one could get rid of the looming feeling that always remained over you. Hugging himself in the chilly night, he stepped back a bit, considering leaving the area. It wasn't as if anyone would join him. At least, that's what he thought. Nothing was ever certain when it came to a demigod's life, though, and therefore he stayed planted to this spot, staring at the sky. His pupils danced, following the dim rays of light that the moon offered.

You're almost gone and I'm okay, I still see your shadow.
To give you time to be afraid, but never your face again.
I remember your presence.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin

Drachmas : 46521

PostSubject: Re: I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ]   I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:36 pm

I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] El
I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] Elle-2

So you run and you run to
catch up with the sun but it's sinking,
Racing around to
come up behind you again.

I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] Decoration-1
Elle stood in the shadows of the night, allowing herself to blend in with the surrounding darkness. She blended in with the dark background quite well, due to her black hair that was currently let down and cascading down her thin, pale shoulders. This was strange for Elle, to have her hair down. She usually kept it up in a messy ponytail to allow it to stay out of her face. However, for one reason or another, she had allowed it to reach its full length. It ended at about her mid back and curled up in wisps at the tips. Her hair wasn’t very well kept or styled in any particular way. Because of how simply she was dressed, in her black tank top, gray jacket, and light gray skinny jeans, it was obvious she wasn’t one to care about appearances.

I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] Decoration-1-1-2
‘People call me a freak either way, why put effort into something I don’t care about if it isn’t going to make any sort of difference?’ she told herself in the quiet of her own mind. Elle’s mind was her safe haven. The place where she could always go when people annoyed her. Except when she was sleeping. Her mind was dangerous when she slept. At that time, the nightmares creep into her dreams. Elle remembered how terribly the horrific dreams would be as a child wandering the streets of New York. Seeing things that would chill her to the bone.
A shiver ran down Elle’s spine as she remembered, and she attempted to block such thoughts to keep herself generally sane. Once she began to think about the nightmares, they would, without a doubt, visit her in her sleep.
‘I have to keep them out of my mind. Or they’ll come back to haunt me..’ she thought.
Even though Elle still had nightmares almost every night, they were much more bearable now that she has learned more about her abilities.

I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] Decoration-1-1-1
Elle snapped out of her own thoughts as she heard a demonic screech. At first, she believed it to be one of her creatures in her nightmares made real. However, after quick realization, she found it to simply be a harpie. Most campers out after curfew would be threatened and scared by the sound of the bird-like cry. However, Elle wasn’t like most campers. She often came out at night, finding it was the only time people wouldn’t be staring at her and whispering. In all the times Elle has gone out after curfew, she has never been bothered by a harpie. So why should tonight be any different?
Elle yawned and moved from her spot in the shadows, deciding to wade a bit into the cold water. The daughter of Epiales removed her shoes, tossing them on the ground without much of a care. She walked towards the water, hesitating a moment before she stepped into the ice cold lake. Elle shivered a bit from the cold, but soon her legs grew numb and she could no longer feel the nip of the lowering temperature. Elle had always enjoyed the feeling of being numb. It was a tingling sensation she found difficult to describe. Elle removed her jacket, allowing her bare arms to be hit by the cool gust of night air. She cringed a bit, wanting, for just a moment, to slip her jacket back on and not feel the sting of the cold air. But as she waited, she began to lose the feeling in her arms. She ran her fingers lightly across her skin, smiling a bit as she felt the gentle tingle of numbness. She closed her pale green eyes and simply stood in the water, facing out at the vast lake. It would be an odd sight for anyone passing by. However, Elle didn’t assume anyone would be out to witness her acting in such a strange manner.

That thought changed when she heard the sound of footsteps not far off. Elle turned to face the source, spotting a boy not far from where she was standing in the water. Elle hesitated a moment, wondering what she should do. She never really encountered anyone else out this late.
‘He’ll probably think I’m weird and just ignore me...’ she thought with a shrug. So with that, Elle made her way back to the shore. She plopped down in the ground, not bothering to care that sand stuck to her wet pant legs like glue. She slipped on her shoes, but kept her jacket beside her. Now that her arms were used to the cold, she didn’t need the gray jacket to cover them.
Elle’s gaze flickered over to the boy a moment. There was something different about him. He didn’t seem like the rest of the campers here that called her a freak.
‘I don’t even know the kid...for all I know he might be waiting while he thinks of some rude comment to throw at her.
Elle shrugged her shoulders, simply deciding to ignore the boy and pretend like he wasn’t even there. ‘That whole, if you ignore them they’ll go away thing, never works, though..’ she thought, biting at her lip. Elle simply sighed and flopped back onto the ground with a dull THUD. She folded her arms behind her head, staring up at the night sky. A canopy of twinkling stars hung above her head. She gave a content sigh, allowing her mind to drift as she kept her pale green gaze fixed on the sky above.

The sun is the same in a
relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and
one day closer to death.

Back to top Go down
https://classicchb.rpg-board.net
Remplissage

Drachmas : 46494

PostSubject: Re: I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ]   I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:37 pm

I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] Aldenev-2
I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] Alden

I swear we need to find some comfort in this run down place.
To bridge the gap of this conscious state that we live in, and
I'm short on time.

Lifting a clenched fist to his lips, Alden released a swift, unadorned cough. Clearing his throat, he let his hands, which were covered with thin leather gloves, retreat back to the safety of his pockets. For what it was worth, he cursed the one who had caused a night such as this, Boreas, no doubt, and laughed guiltily as the wind increased momentarily, as if striking back. Once he had finished rolling them, he shifted his eyes so that he could focus in on a spot of movement. It was only a slight rustle that had stirred his senses, but having a father like Moros typically gave you talents like that; sensing things around you others wouldn't, knowing that a climax was building up, etc. Tracing the outline of what appeared to be a girl, he narrowed his eyes. Ridiculous, nobody else comes out at night. It's just me...and the harpies, of course. He chuckled at his inner monologue, and continued examining the moving figure, and felt a twinge of curiosity, knowing that the only true way to know was to approach them directly. Or, Alden noted, he could simply wait until they left, and trail them afterwards. As they fell back onto the ground, at least willingly, he thought, he knew that plan A would have to be it.

While turning, the moonlight caught him just the correct way, and he could faintly make out the details; dark hair, jewelry, the likes. She looked rather gothic and, in Alden's opinion, was rather beautiful, in a dark, haunting essence. She wasn't a monster, nor was she an outsider. In fact, if he thought hard enough, he could nearly remember seeing her once or twice before, meaning she was definitely a demigod, like he was. Exhaling, he decided on a direct approach, and wrapped his arms around himself, taking a few steps forward. He halted, nearly surprised by the crunching beneath his own feet. Right, I'm outside... Closing his eyes and shaking his head, Alden continued, and began walking again. As the distance between the two shortened, he took in a breath, and attempted to strike up conversation. "Hey," he began, his voice raising so it carried over. "It's rather odd to see someone out at night." Chiding himself mentally, he cursed, and glanced away, his attention interrupted by a noise. No, fool. That's not how you socialize. ...I really should get out more. Knocking the sound off as a bird, he returned his dull gaze to the girl, thinking.

"I'm Alden," he said, introducing himself as he stopped, only a few feet from her. "Son of Moros...and you...?" He waited for a response, and cleared his throat once more, shifting uneasily. He cringed slightly, as it seemed that staring at her for a bit too long caused something odd to emanate from her being; like an internal screaming, something that referenced a bad dream, a nightmare, perhaps. He ignored it, and blamed it on the darkness around them. "Kind of cold, tonight, isn't it...?" He chuckled awkwardly, completely out of character. It wasn't normal for him, to be this unsure of himself. Maybe it was because he rarely spoke to anyone else...who knew?

You're almost gone and I'm okay, I still see your shadow.
To give you time to be afraid, but never your face again.
I remember your presence.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin

Drachmas : 46521

PostSubject: Re: I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ]   I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:38 pm

I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] El
I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] Elle-2

So you run and you run to
catch up with the sun but it's sinking,
Racing around to
come up behind you again.

Elle sighed as she stared at the sky. ‘I wonder how far the universe actually goes?’ she thought, tilting her head a bit to the side. These kind of unanswerable questions often plagued Elle’s thoughts. For one reason or another, these were the kind of questions that Elle found fascinating. It was the mystery of them that intrigued her. But that’s all it ever was. Intrigue. Then a sound snapped Elle out of her own thoughts. The boy from before. He spoke.
Despite the fact that Elle knew the boy was there, she still jumped at the sound of his voice. She turned to face him with a slightly bewildered expression, both from the surprise of him speaking, and the fact that it wasn’t rude or judgmental in any way, shape or form.
‘Maybe he’s just leading up to it?’ she thought. Her brow furrowed and she narrowed her dull green eyes in suspicion. However, she decided to simply be civil until the time came to ignore the boy. Elle studied the boy a moment. She had seen him around camp. He didn’t look like the typical boys at camp, which was refreshing to be perfectly honest. The typical brown haired pretty boys got very old very quickly. Especially after spending a lot of time in the Hermes cabin being unclaimed.

”Yes..it certainly is odd to see someone else out here,” Elle paused, sitting up and pushing herself to her feet. ”Usually I don’t run into anyone at this time of night,” she finished, arching a thin eyebrow with mild curiosity. Elle switched her weight from one leg to the next. She crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes. ”So what are you doing out here, anyway?” she asked, tilting her head a bit to the side.
The boy certainly did ramble quite a bit, and she had to admit, she found it endearing in a strange way. A small smile flickered across Elle’s face, but faded as quickly as it came. ”I’m umm....I’m Elizabeth. But I go by Elle. Daughter of Epiales,” she replied, forcing a friendly grin to try and be social, unlike her usual loner personality.
What was it about this boy that made her want to make an effort to be friendly? It simply didn’t make sense to her...
‘Either way, I could always use someone that’s a friend...or at least sort of like a friend..’ she thought.
But everytime you get close to someone they die. Think about Lindsey and then Kelsey not long after.
Elle cringed at the thought of her lost friends. Lindsey and Kelsey were twin sisters back at her old school and were the only two people she was actually friends with. Lindsey was diagnosed with leukemia again not long after she and Elle became friends. Just months later she died. Elle still remembered the day she had watched one friend die and then the other fall apart.

”Where is she?” Kelsey asked the nurse in a frantic tone. The two girls, Elle and Kelsey, had been taken out of school because of Lindsey’s current failing health. Lindsey had always been sick. But this particular day was one of the worst. The nurse turned to the two girls. Both had become quite known around the hospital, due to the fact that they were there on a daily basis. Kelsey to visit her sister. And Elle to visit one of her best friends. “This way..” the nurse said, gesturing them to the Lindsey’s room. Elle stopped in the doorway, watching as Kelsey walked to her sister’s side. Elle found it hard to swallow as she stared at Lindsey. Her skin was gray and colorless. It sunk in at her cheeks, making her appear as though she had aged forty years in the past two days. Her hair had fallen out due to the Radiation treatment, but wisps of it still sprouted from her scalp.
“How you feeling, sis?” Kelsey asked in a shaky tone, obviously fighting back tears. Elle herself, even being unemotional, felt her eyes welling with tears. Lindsey had always been strong and independent. But now she looked broken and weak, as though the smallest gust of wind would make her crumble away into dust.
Lindsey forced a weak smile, patting Kelsey’s hand. She took in a shaky breath before responding. “I’m okay, Kelse..” she said. Although, both Elle and Kelsey knew that she was lying. Lindsey slowly lifted her head. It was obvious that even the smallest movement was difficult for her to manage. She spotted Elle with a small smile. “Hey, Elle. Come in...” Lindsey paused, taking in another breath. “Don’t be shy..” she finished.
Elle hesitated a moment, almost not wanting to see her friend so broken and fragile. ‘She’s being strong...why can’t I?’ she told herself. However, she wasn’t entirely sure how well she’d be able to handle this situation. Lindsey didn’t look too great... ‘She looks like she’s going to- NO! Don’t talk like that!’ she thought, shaking her head vigorously to try and clear her head of such thoughts.
Elle took in a breath before she stepped into the room and made her way to Lindsey’s side. Lindsey smiled, attempting to wave at her friend. “So how was English without me? Was Ms. Thomas a jerk?” she asked in a wheezing tone.
Elle glanced over at Kelsey, who urged her to talk. Elle sighed and forced a smile, turning her attention back to Lindsey. “No more than usual,” she replied, shrugging her shoulders.
Lindsey laughed, but her laugh turned into a harsh cough. Elle squirmed uncomfortably as the nurse helped Lindsey to sit up so she could breathe easier.
Once the coughing fit had ended, Lindsey turned her attention to Kelsey, looking up at her sister with a guilty, pained expression. Kelsey frowned, looking at her sister. “Linds? What’s the matter?” she asked, hoping it wasn’t anything bad.
Lindsey gingerly took her sister’s hand. “Kelse...it’s time,” she said gently. Her expression was grave and serious, an expression Elle can’t remember seeing on the happy, sassy, Lindsey.
Kelsey’s eyes winded with fear and tears welled over her eyes and began streaming down her face. “Lindsey, don’t talk like that. We said we’d only do that as a last resort!”
Lindsey shook her head with a sigh. “Kelsey...I’m not going to get any better. It’s time for me to go... I don’t want to be a burden on you, mom or dad anymore,” she said. It was obvious she had put quite a bit of thought into this decision.
Elle looked frantically between the two, her dull green eyes wide with terror. “Kelsey...what does she mean “it’s time”? She doesn’t mean that w-”
“Yes that’s exactly what she means,” Kelsey said in a shaky voice. She had risen from her spot beside Lindsey and made her way over to the window.
Elle looked at Kelsey, depressed and broken at the thought of losing her sister. And then she looked at Lindsey, the girl who was ready to leave this earth and stop being in pain.
“...Is this what you really want?” Elle asked. Tears were welled in her eyes, but should wouldn’t allow herself to cry. She had to be strong, for both their sakes.
Lindsey paused a moment and looked over at Kelsey, who met her sister’s gaze with a saddened glare. Lindsey nodded her head. “Yes it is,” she replied, completely sure of herself.
Kelsey stomped over to her sister’s side, as though she was determined to call her sister a fool for wanting to give up. However, as soon as she reached the bedside, she lost her nerve and shuffled her feet anxiously. “D-Don’t you want to talk to mom and dad about this?” she asked, hoping they’d convince her not to pull the plug.
Lindsey averted her gaze from Kelsey’s. “They already know...” she said.
Kelsey looked hurt. “And...you didn’t tell me?” she said in a voice with such pain it made Elle cringe. By that point, Elle and drifted over to a place of the pale blue walls. THis was a family matter, but she’d be there for support.
Lindsey looked up at Kelsey. “I knew that if I told you first then you’d convince mom and dad to keep me alive. I’m tired of being in pain. I want it to end. But I didn’t want to go without telling you. So I convinced mom and dad first, and then they pulled you both out of school,” she replied, glancing between Kelsey and Elle. How was it that she could manage to wake up, let alone talk and be social? She would reach the end of her life soon, even if the choice was not her own.
Kelsey shook her head, taking a step back. “I can’t believe you wouldn’t tell me first..” she murmured.
Lindsey struggled to sit up to look at her sister. “I knew you wouldn’t like it! Kelsey..I’m going to die anyway! Can’t I at least have it be with everyone I love there and as my own choice rather than just dying while I’m sleeping?!” she snapped.
Kelsey stomped her foot, clenching her fists. “You’re giving up! It’s your own life, your own fight and you’re giving up!” she hollered. With each word and each second the argument grew worse, Lindsey’s blood pressure and heart rate monitors began beeping faster and faster.
“I’m not giving up! I’m facing reality! I’m going to die, Kelsey! I’m going to die and I can’t change that! But I want to CHOOSE how I’m going to die! Not let the universe, or fate, or God, or whoever the hell controls this s*** choose it for me!”
Kelsey opened her mouth to speak but she then noticed Lindsey’s heart monitor beeping at an extremely fast pace. Kelsey’s brown eyes widened with fear. “Lindsey...you-your heart rate! It’s through the roof!” she said with a loud voice to make sure her sister heard her over the beeping.
“We’re not done talking about this! Don’t change the subject! I-” before Lindsey could say another word her body began to shake and rattle. Nurses and doctors rushed into the room and Elle stood and watched it all in horror. Everything was moving so fast, but at the same time, everything was slower than she had ever experienced. Everything seemed in a rush and she found it difficult to make out the words the doctors and nurses were shouting to one another as she watched Lindsey’s body shake. And then, the beeping ceased and a long, continuous beep rung through the room. Silence hung in the air for the brief moments that everyone realized what had just happened.
“I need a crash cart in here!” one of the doctors yelled.
Elle watched as Kelsey crumbled to the ground in a heap of tears and sobs. Elle felt the tears of sadness and terror that poured from her eyes run like a river down her cheeks. She stepped over to Kelsey, who was too distracted by the fact that despite the doctors’ best efforts, Lindsey’s pulse had yet to be read by the monitor.
After what seemed like hours of trying, but what had only been ten minutes, the doctors sighed, looking over at Kelsey and Elle. A nurse stepped forward from the crowd.
“I’m so sorry..” she said simply, unsure of what else to say.
“No! You can’t give up! You can bring her back!” Kelsey yelled.
A doctor spoke from the crown. “She’s been dead for over ten minutes. If we were to be able to give her a pulse, there would be extreme brain damage...it’s unlikely she’d stay alive for more than a few minutes. And she most likely would be in severe pain and not b able to understand or communicate...”
Kelsey glared at the doctor with a look of pure hatred that made even Elle cringe for her life. “Bring my sister back.” she hissed, clenching her fists.

‘And let’s not forget a month later when Kelsey went too..’ the voice taunted again.
Elle was reminded of the horrific moment the came not long after Lindsey’s death. She wasn’t entirely sure which one was worse. They both haunted her constantly...

Knock knock knock.. Elle stood outside Kelsey’s home. After about a month, everyone had calmed themselves after Lindsey’s death. However, Kelsey’s family still blamed her for Lindsey’s death. Because of that constant blame, Elle often came over to their house to shield Kelsey from the hatred her family now had for her. It didn’t seem fair to Elle...why would you want to drive your only remaining daughter away? ‘You’d think they’d keep her close and safe..’ she thought, pursing her lips.
A crash sounded from inside and Elle frowned. “Kelsey? Kelsey are you in there?” she called. Elle opened the door, finding it was unlocked. She ventured inside, glancing around the house for Kelsey. She finally spotted her standing in the kitchen. Kelsey’s arms and shoulders were shaking as though she was trembling with fear, anger and sadness. Elle cringed at seeing her friend so shaken up. “K-Kelsey? What’s the matter?” Elle asked, taking a step towards her friend.
Kelsey turned to face Elle with tears streaming down her face. “I’m sorry Elle...I wish you didn’t have to see this..” she said. Elle frowned. “See what? What do you-”
It was then that she noticed the knife Kelsey was holding to her chest. Elle’s eyes widened with fear. “No! Kelsey you can’t do this! Don’t be stupid!” Elle said in a shaky, yet stern voice.
Kelsey shook her head. “It’s my fault she’s dead...” Kelsey said through her violet sobs. Elle shook her head. “No. Don’t say that. It’s not your fault and you know it! This is your family! They’re the ones that made you think that!”
Kelsey shook her head. “If I hadn’t yelled at her-”
“She’d have died days later by her own choice. Kelsey, you can’t do this. Lindsey wouldn’t want you to do this!” Elle screamed, feeling tears streaming down her face.
“...Lindsey’s gone..” Kelsey murmured. She plunged the knife into chest and gave out a final gasp before she collapsed to the floor. Blood poured from the wound, seeping on her shirt and spreading quickly to the floor.
“No!” Elle bellowed. She checked Kelsey’s neck and wrist for some kind of pulse, but she found none. Tears now streamed down Elle’s face as she hung her head over Kelsey’s lifeless form, kneeling in a pool of her friend’s blood. Elle buried her head in her hands, feeling as her body shook with her silent sobs. “Why did you do this Kelsey? Why did you leave me alone?” she whispered, managing to her out the words between the tears.

‘Every person you get close to ends up leaving one way or another...don’t bother getting to know this boy. Because if you do, he’ll end up dead like the rest of them,’ the voice hissed before it faded away.

Elle snapped out of her own thoughts as the boy spoke again. She looked at him with a bewildered expression and it took her a moment to register what he had said. SHe cleared her throat, giving a few brisk nods of her head. ”Yes...it’s quite cold. But it’s nice in a way I suppose,” she said, examining her bare arms, which were still numbed by the cold, night air.

The sun is the same in a
relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and
one day closer to death.

Back to top Go down
https://classicchb.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ]   I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I know a ghost... [ private; STEPHY ]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Classic Camp Half-Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Lake-
Jump to: